Who has a fever for mint chocolate chip ice cream like me? I could die for something mint chocolatey! Mint chocolate chips are just not only yummy, but also they refreshes your eyes with their color contrast. Mint color alone might be a tricky color to use for us, Asians, yellow toned skins. But if you blend it out with a warm shade such as chocolate brown, you can totally pull out the look without looking awkward! It’ll look very put together and bright. This is the perfect smokey eyes for summer evening parties. If you are bored with brown smokey look, try opening up your eyes with cooperating with brighter colors!
1. Prime your eyes to prevent creasing. I used Etude House Waterproof 10 Eye Shadow Primer.
2. Apply a generous amount of a cool minty turquoise color all over your upper lid. I used The Face Shop eye shadow in “#2 Retro Blue”.
3. We’re going to smoke the mint color with a dark chocolate color mainly on the lower part of your lid and blend it out carefully. I used Aritaum Meets Story Eye Shadow “#6 Brooklyn Bridge”.
4. To create more depth, you can use much deeper brown eye kohl liner concentrating around your lash line. This will help to deepen the gradient effect and look more smoked. Don’t forget your under lid as well! Here I used this pencil. And to make your eyes more flattering, you can also add some sparkly color such as Espoir eye shadow in “Clear Radiance” which I used to my center of the lid.
5. Now you can go draw your eye liner and apply some mascara. I combinated this eyeliner and Berissom Curlume Mascara.
6. You’re almost done! I you have shorter lashses as I have, you can apply some falsies for more dramatic eyes. I used The Face Shop lashes.
For the complete look including the face makeup, you can watch my video of this tutorial on YouTube.
I hope you try out this look and please let me know if you did! xx Liah